At block height 12,965,000, or approximately 19:55 August 5, 2021 (GMT+8), the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain is scheduled to undergo the London Hard Fork, and this hard fork might result in an additional token.
In order to reduce the transaction risk caused by market fluctuations during the hard fork, ZB.com will adopt the following solutions:
Suspended the Ethereum (ETH)'s Deposits, Withdrawals and Borrowing
1. ZB.com will suspend the Pledge Borrowing and Margin Borrowing of ETH at 14:00 August 4, 2021 (GMT+8). (Margin Trading is not affected. Please note that during the hard fork period may be accompanied by severe price fluctuations. Please carefully assess the risks before participating in the transaction.)
2. ZB.com will suspend ETH and ERC-20 tokens deposits and withdrawals at 19:00 August 5, 2021 (GMT+8). Please deposit your ETH to ZB.com in advance, ZB.com will assist you in dealing with all technical issues in the hard fork.
Regarding the London Hard Fork
1. If no new tokens are generated after the hard fork, ZB.com will resume Deposits, Withdrawals, Pledge Borrowing and Margin Borrowing of ETH after confirming the stability and security of the ETH mainnet. The specific time will be notified separately in an announcement.
2. If new tokens are generated after the hard fork, ZB.com will take a snapshot of the ETH holdings of the user account at the block height of 12,965,000, which is around 19:55 August 5, 2021 (GMT+8). And according to the snapshot data, new tokens will be issued to users in proportion. New tokens will be issued to the user's spot account. (Please transfer ETH to the spot account in advance.)
1. ZB.com only takes snapshots of ETH holdings on spot accounts. If the user holds ETH in other accounts (Pledged Account, Investment Account, etc.), please transfer to the spot account before the snapshot.
2. If new tokens are generated during this hard fork, and users who borrowed ETH during the snapshot period, they need to return both ETH and new tokens when returning them.
3. The spot trading of ETH and other ERC-20 network tokens will not be affected, but the hard fork may cause severe price fluctuations, please evaluate the risks before trading.
4. The Ethereum (ETH) London Hard Fork will be held at a block height of 12,965,000 on the Ethereum mainnet. The estimated time is for reference only, and the specific block height shall prevail.
Thank you for your support!
ZB Global Team
August 4, 2021
Twitter: @ZB_Group https://twitter.com/ZB_Group
Facebook: @ZB HK https://www.facebook.com/zb.hk.9
Linkedin: ZB Group linkedin.com/company/zb-digital-assets-group
Medium: ZB.com https://medium.com/@zbhk
Reddit: r/ZBExchange https://www.reddit.com/r/ZBExchange/